Welcome to Churchstanton Primary School
Churchstanton Primary School is in a unique rural location, surrounded by beautiful countryside in the heart of the Blackdown Hills. We are in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the edge of the counties of Somerset and Devon, with the school achieving a high reputation within the community and beyond. Our catchment area feeds into The Castle Academy School in Taunton and some of our pupils go to Uffculme School in Devon. We maintain strong links with our neighbouring schools.
We are fortunate to have an extensive area where the children are able to spend their time safely. This includes:
- a forest
- two playgrounds
- a games field
- an adventure trail
- an after school child care facility
Our beautiful location and grounds make our school quite exceptional! We are at the heart of a vibrant rural community, providing a happy, secure and challenging environment, which helps our children achieve their highest potential. Churchstanton Primary School is indeed a very special place to begin your child's education.
Our vision is to be an outstanding primary school and a leading Eco-school in our region which incorporates our unique setting and rural surroundings and provides a stimulating, rewarding, supportive and friendly place to work and learn.
We will achieve this by:
- setting and achieving high educational standards through a creative and enriching curriculum and supporting our children to reach their full potential
- fully exploiting our unique rural setting and adding to our existing permanent premises with modern, sustainable and environmentally friendly classrooms and support facilities to provide a school site of which we are proud
- providing an exciting and inclusive environment for our children to learn and develop, and ensuring we look after their emotional and social well-being
- working in partnership with teaching staff, governors, friends and parents and by being a leading and positive member of our wider community