Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Haselbury Plucknett is a rural village of about 650 people, two miles east of Crewkerne and seven miles west of Yeovil.

The school was founded on its present site in 1858 and sold to the diocese of Bath and Wells at the beginning of the 20th Century. It now provides an education for children up to the age of nine years old. The original building has been altered to provide a spacious upstairs classroom with a separate ICT suite, with a hall, library and areas for small group teaching downstairs. A separate building allows plenty of space for the younger children. The provision of an all weather surface and shaded cover in the enclosed garden adds to their learning environment. We have two playgrounds and a large field that together provide excellent facilities for outdoor play, learning and sport.

The school is part of a group of schools in the Crewkerne and Ilminster area that often work collaboratively in staff training and bringing the children together for special events.

We are proud or our link with St Michael and All Angels church in Haselbury Plucknett and with St Martin's church in North Perrott. Our school has both villages in it's catchement area and we have associations with both. The farm shop in North Perrott has regular displays of our work usually done by the foundation stage children.

The anchorite Wulfric, whose name was used by J K Rowling for Professor Dumbledore, spent the last years of his life in a cell at St Michael's church over 850 years ago.

 

school for history.jpg